Thursday, 13 February 2020
Tuesday, 11 February 2020
When you are ready for a new heat pump, give Grand Strand Heating And Cooling a call to discuss your options.Grand Strand Heating And Cooling Acme Contractors Myrtle Beach, SC 843-491-6400 http://hvacmyrtlebeach.com/
Friday, 7 February 2020
Where are air source heat pumps used?
- These air source heat pumps Myrtle Beach are mainly utilized to heat up a structure, yet they could also be utilized to cool down a building.
- In places with modest temperature levels, they could give all the cooling and heating requirements for a structure.
- They are likewise used to heat water by as much as 80ºC. Occasionally they need to be coupled with even more standard methods of home water heating because they cannot accommodate really cold temperature levels.
An Air Source Heat PumpIn the winter season, they eliminate heat from the outside air and launch that heat right into your home. On the other hand, it takes the warm air inside and releases it outside. A lot of conventional pumps just function well in favorable temperature levels so as soon as the temperature level goes down, it becomes really challenging to draw out heat from the air. Some pumps have actually been created to handle colder temperature levels; nevertheless, these pumps are most reliable in locations with light to modest winter seasons. An air source heat pump is composed of two heat exchanger coils. One lies outside and draws out heat from the air. The other coil lies inside which releases warm air right into a heating system or water tank, such as an under the flooring heater. A refrigerant lies in these coils as well and moves with the system taking in and releasing ambient heat. These pumps are sturdy, commonly enduring twenty or thirty years, and they are a lot more effective compared to standard electrical heating units. However, they cost more compared to typical systems and are usually paired with heating in cases when it gets colder for the pump to operate. The performance of these pumps is gauged by something called the coefficient of efficiency or performance, which is determined in units. For instance, the majority of heat pumps generate 3 to 4 units of heat for each one unit of power they utilize. While these pumps cost more to buy and install, they could reduce your home heating expenses substantially because of the fact that you are not producing heat, but are merely moving it from one location to another. Ground source and water source pumps do the very same thing that an air source pump does, yet they are usually more costly. As an example, to mount a ground source heat pump, you need to dig deep into and set up the coil in the ground.
Get the best heat pump installation service in Myrtle Beach when you visit or call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling.Grand Strand Heating And Cooling Acme Contractors Myrtle Beach, SC 843-491-6400 http://hvacmyrtlebeach.com/
Tuesday, 4 February 2020
Here are reasons to help you decide whether to get that heat pump or not.Initially, why do so many individuals like heat pump Myrtle Beach technology? For one, the price has a whole lot to do with it. Central heating and air conditioning systems call for the acquisition of two different systems, however, a heat pump warms and also cools down with just a single device. This goes to show that purchasing a heat pump solves two issues, thus a reduction in cost. It also lessens upkeep expenses since you only have a device to clean. Additionally, heat pumps are less costly to operate on an everyday basis. Central heating and cooling systems synthetically warm or cool air then spread it around the home. Heat pumps, on the other hand, deal with the warm air that currently exists in the room. Even on cool days, warm air is still present in the air, thus heat pumps get rid of the heat from the air and distribute it around the house. In the summer season, the heat pump takes the warm air inside and then pump it outside, which aids to decrease the temperature level within your house. Heat pump help save electricity because there is no manipulation of artificial air. Naturally, there are also some disadvantages to the heat pump that make them not suitable for every house. If it becomes extremely chilly like below 40 degrees during the winter, or if it gets really hot in the summer, a heat pump merely is unqualified to do the job. Your house will become uncomfortable during these times. An even large house cannot be accommodated by a heat pump alone. Personal preferences also limit other people from buying heat pumps. If you want your house to be extra warm or extra cold, a heat pump alone will not work. They only supply modest temperature levels just. Consider the following options above prior to opting for a heat pump.
For more information on heat pumps, you can call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling.Grand Strand Heating And Cooling Acme Contractors Myrtle Beach, SC 843-491-6400 http://hvacmyrtlebeach.com/
Friday, 31 January 2020
So before you try and call an HVAC service contractor, consider these quick and easy troubleshooting tips first.
- Check your thermostat
- Clean or replace your filter
- Replace your thermostat’s batteries
- Find out if your heat pump is receiving electricity
- Reset your circuit breaker
Be sure you work only with licensed and highly skilled HVAC professionals for all your heat pump problems. Call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling if you have any issues with your HVAC unit.Grand Strand Heating And Cooling Acme Contractors Myrtle Beach, SC 843-491-6400 http://www.hvacmyrtlebeach.com/
Tuesday, 28 January 2020
To ensure that you are cleaning your Myrtle Beach HVAC air ducts correctly, here are some do’s and don’ts that you can follow.
1. Do start with cleaning or replacing your air filters. Create a schedule of when to clean or replace your air filters. If you have reusable ones, include in your cleaning or maintenance routine a specific day of the month when you should clean them. If you own disposable filters, you will want to include a schedule for buying new filters and replacing them. Note that the frequency of cleaning or replacing your filters will depend on how frequently you use your furnace and whether or not you are located in an area that is prone to dust (i.e. beside or near the road or construction of some sort).
2. Do not clean your air ducts on your own. You will most likely not have the right and necessary tools to accomplish the job. Basically, you need special rotary brushes and a high-powered vacuum. So unless you are a professional in the industry, or you have the money to buy these tools and the skills an efficiency to use them, you will have to hire professionals. Chances are you will save more when you hire HVAC contractors.
3. If you are going to clean the nonmetal parts of your ducts, do make sure that connections will not be dislodged or that walls won’t be torn. Both will quickly cause damage to your entire heating and cooling system. You will need to be very careful not to dislodge connections or cause gaps or holes in the wall.
4. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) strongly suggests that you do clean your air ducts if there is presence of mold growth or signs of infestation by insects or rodents. In these instances, it is best to call in a professional to ensure proper work is done.
Looking for professional and highly trusted HVAC contractors to help you clean your air ducts? Call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling now.Grand Strand Heating And Cooling Myrtle Beach, SC 843-491-6400 http://hvacmyrtlebeach.com/
Thursday, 23 January 2020
What can you do to prevent costly repairs and replacements to your heating system?Professional heat pump contractors suggest learning how to identify potential problems and failures as soon as possible before they cause damage to other parts of your heating system. This is aside from doing regular and proper maintenance, of course. You could also consider hiring a professional heating contractor to keep your heat pump in good working condition. A licensed and skilled professional would be able to identify and resolve your heating system’s issues and problems with speed and accuracy. However, a contractor may not always be able to heed your call and immediately go to your house to help you with your heating problems. During these situations, there are quick and easy fixes you can do until the contractor arrives. But keep in mind that these fixes are meant to resolve minor issues only. Major problems should always be left to the professionals.
Find out what caused the sudden failure of your heating system.For this, you will need to conduct an overall observation of your heat pump. It is extremely important to identify whether you have partial loss of heat or total loss of heat. You should do this while waiting for your HVAC contractor Myrtle Beach so that when he arrives, you have information for him that will help him implement the necessary repairs much quicker.
• Partial loss of heat – You will know you have partial loss of heat if your heat pump is still running all throughout the day and night but is not giving out the same warm temperature of the air. According to experts, this problem is usually related to airflow problems.
For this, you or your contractor will have to look at your ductwork in the attic and in your crawl space as well as check your filters and fan motors. Look for anything that could obstruct smooth air flow such as accumulation of dust and debris in the air pipes or a very dirty filter. These obstructions not only prevent smooth air flow but they can also cause your heating system to eventually overheat, which is likely the reason you had partial loss of heat.
• Total loss of heat – To confirm if you have a total loss of heat, you will need to put your hand over your supply registers. If either cold air or no air comes out, you can be sure that you have a total loss of heat.
If this is the case, heat pump contractors will need to look at your main electrical panel and your HVAC’s supply power. This is to make sure a sufficient amount of electricity is being supplied to your HVAC so that it could monitor pressure and temperature. Keep in mind that your HVAC needs sufficient electricity to operate. Should the problem be caused by a lack of sufficient electrical supply, you may also have to call in your electrician.
Other things you may need to checkAside from checking for total or partial heat loss, there are other things you may need to check to ensure proper and efficient operation of your heating system.
1. Thermostat – Sometimes, homeowners tend to forget to switch on or change the batteries of their thermostat. If your heat pump has suddenly stopped operating or giving out the right temperature you have it originally set up, check your thermostat. It might have been accidentally switched off when you or a member of the household was cleaning or it might need a battery replacement.
Heating contractor Myrtle Beach professionals highly recommend switching off your heating system from your main electrical panel before changing the batteries of your thermostat. Sometimes, the sudden on and off of your heating system may result in short cycling, which may cause more severe damage to the entire system.
2. Rebooting your electrical system – There are cases when sometimes an electrical system reboot is required to restart your heating system. Sometimes, changing the air filters or cleaning the air ducts without rebooting messes up your heating system’s codes, causing errors. Rebooting your electrical system will remove the errors and allow your heating system to function normally. Make sure you wait for at least 15 seconds after switching your electrical system off before turning it back on again.
After switching your electrical system and heat pump back on, heating contractor Myrtle Beach professionals highly recommend waiting for your heating system to complete its power sequences before observing its operations. If it’s still not operating efficiently, report to your heating contractor at once.
3. Fuel ignition – You will need to check your heating system’s ignition if it is receiving a sufficient amount of gas and whether or not is igniting the fuel to produce heat. For this, you will need to switch off the thermostat and go to your heat pump. Have another member of the household switch the thermostat back on while you are still near your heat pump. While the thermostat is running check whether or not it is operating to ignite the fuel. Take note of your observations and report to your heating contractor.